Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Proposal


Ok... so for everyone who has been asking me, "How did you ask her??" Here is the official story... I live in Washington DC and Joy has been living in Utah the last couple months. I flew out to visit last weekend from Thursday til Sunday. Friday night I took Joy out on a date to The Roof (picture from our restaurant table to the left) it's a restaurant with a view of temple square. After we ate I told Joy that my Grandparents really wanted to see us and they live close to the restaurant. We arrived at my grandparents complex and they buzzed us in. Instead of stopping at my grandparents 4th floor we took the elevator straight to the top of the building. We then exited the elevator and walked straight out on to the roof of the building where (thanks to my sister Caitlin) there was a runway of candles and flowers leading to a table with pictures of Joy and I. I then got down on one knee (thanks to the advise of my Dad ) and asked her to marry me. Now she had more than one option to respond to my request. She could have said NO.... or just turned and ran off the roof!!! Thankfully, SHE SAID YES! Then it was time to visit my Grandma and Grandpa, the next surprise for Joy was that when I asked her Father if I could marry her I also invited him and Joy's Mom to my grandparents house to surprise Joy just one last time. AND for the record, Joy cried but only after Mr. DeCow cried first! haha

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait for the wedding! We love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Gregor! We are looking forward to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete